Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tough Tuesday

So, I've called it Tough Tuesday as there have been a few new rules put in place with the guidance of my super tough but still kind trainer, Clare. They are as follows:

* No coke
* No coffee
* No alcohol
* No caffeinated beverages
* No margarine
* No highly processed / refined stuff eg: Twisties

And...

* More protein
* More greens
* Warm drinking water (better for digestion)


Basically, to treat my body like a temple to get the best result possible !!

With that, today's eating looks a bit like this..


Breakfast:

* One slice of wholegrain toast, topped with plain cottage cheese
* One panfried egg (using Rice Bran Oil)
* One glass of soymilk
* One glass of warm water with lemon juice

Snack: Post workout drink of apple juice, half a dozen rice crackers, 3-4 handfuls of raw mixed nuts, and a couple of small apple slices pinched from my daughters lunch box (shame on me!).


Lunch:

* Medium sized wholegrain roll (roughly the size of a hotdog bun?) filled with plain hummus, baby spinach leaves, sliced tomato, and sliced ham.

* One cup of green tea

Snack: More apple slices (my own this time), and another handful of nuts.


Dinner:

* Leftover (surplus that we put away in the freezer) Enchiritos, I served myself one wrap, but ate maybe a third?

* Half a plate's worth of a big green salad - this I ate all of.



Water intake: 2.4L
Exercise: Upper body workout at the gym (morning)

No comments: