Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Or not so lazy, since I actually went to the gym! Finally feeling OK enough to go, and it was good!

Because we'd run out of milk though, breakfast was minimal:

* One cup of coffee with one teaspoon of brown sugar
* One slice of toast thinly spread with marge


Lunch was better, I was starving by the time I'd finished running errands after my workout and finally got home:

* Palm sized portion of gluten free garlic and herb pull-apart bread from the local New World bakery
* Half a sliced apple
* 250ml drink box of vanilla flavored soymilk


Snack: Handful of mixed raw nuts, a glass of apple juice, and a hand sized 'stick' of mozarella cheese (only about the width of my thumb though).


To be continued - Dinner coming soon!


Water intake so far is about 2.5L


So, Dinner... I ended up going for a quick and easy option, but still pretty healthy I reckon! I made 'pizza' but using a bread / base I bought at the Food Show, by 'Poesy' (www.poesy.co.nz). Quite thin, and long, and really tasty! Ingredients are listed as: Wheat flour, water, soybean oil, sugar, yeast, salt, and olive oil.

I used a chunky tomato sauce base, also from Poesy, which lists its ingredients as: peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, cracked pepper, and salt.

So for the actual toppings, I used: pepperoni, green capsicum, mushroom, pineapple chunks, and a handful of grated cheese sprinkled on top.

* I ate two slices about the size of my hand, from palm to fingertip. My husband ate twice that, hah!

* I also had one small glass of white wine, approx 5oz.

No comments: